Why is Indian food so unhealthy?
Surprisingly, 70 per cent of Indian diet calories come from consuming carbohydrates and most of them are not necessarily from the best quality of carbohydrates. These poor quality carbohydrates include a lot of sugar, flour-based products, snacks loaded with starch, loaves of bread, and white rice.
What can I eat with no meat?
7 Energy-Boosting Foods for Meat-Free Diets
- Beans and Lentils. It doesn’t matter if it’s chickpeas, black beans, white beans, or lentils — they’re all awesome sources of protein and fiber, which, once again, is a winning combination. …
- Quinoa. …
- Eggs. …
- Greek Yogurt. …
- Nuts. …
- Bananas. …
- Dark Chocolate.
Can you eat pasta as a vegetarian?
Most packaged pasta—including spaghetti, rotini, and any other type—is 100 percent vegan. … Sometimes, you might see “egg” listed as an ingredient in “fresh” pastas, so avoid those—but generally, pasta contains no animal-derived ingredients.
How do vegetarians get protein?
Vegetarians should obtain protein from a variety of plant sources, including legumes, soy products, grains, nuts and seeds. Eggs and dairy products also provide protein for those following a lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet.
What do I want for supper tonight?
50 Dinner Ideas When There’s No Time to Cook
- Chicken Piccata Pasta.
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken & Vegetables.
- Gnocchi with Pomodoro Sauce.
- Lime Beef and Basil Stir Fry.
- 30-Minute Garlic and Herb Rubbed Pork Tenderloin.
- Easy Chicken Marsala.
- Coq au Riesling Pasta.
- Easy Taco Soup.